Arcturus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Frequently Asked Questions

Go down

Frequently Asked Questions Empty Frequently Asked Questions

Post by viverrinae Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:23 pm

What is Arcturus?:

Arcturus is a 2D chat with an astronomy and astrology theme. It's for all types of internet goers, especially those who love space, art, animals, and making friends.

What is a 2D Chat?:

A 2-D Chat is a graphics based chat where your avatars are two dimensional, instead of three dimensional. Think like some of the cartoons you might see on TV!

What is a pose?:

A pose is an avatar you use to represent yourself on the chat.

How do I change my pose?:

Great question! Head on over to Star Paint (bodyshop) and choose your pose from the drop down bar. Use the colour selection to the left to see what colours you want your pose to have.
To switch poses on chat: Click on your pose on the chat and choose what position you want your pose to be in.

What is a custom pose?:

Custom poses are poses that an artist draws for you, or you find for free use, and upload.

How do I get a custom pose?:

You can commission an artist to draw you a pose, purchase premades, or use freebies. These are separate from the sets Arcturus has. You can upload custom poses if you have a subscription.

What is a subscription?:

Subscriptions are a way for you to use deltas (Chatlands currency) to have custom poses on the chat.
0.06 is the Basic level.
0.12 is the Standard level. You get an away message.
0.20 is the Preferred level. You get a friends list.
0.25 is the Elite level.
0.33 is the Ultimate level. You get access to full rooms, so it will be 16/15 instead of 15/15.
This is a  daily charge to your subscription.
1 delta = $1 USD.
Deltas are purchased through PayPal.

How old do I have to be to use Arcturus?:

We welcome all ages, however, we recommend users to be at least 10 years old when registering. If you are under the age of 13, you need parental permission, including their email address.

What if I get banned, what do I do?:

First step is to check your email. You will receive an email from the staff telling you what rule you broke and steps on what to do next.
You can go ahead and submit a problem ticket if you need more information or you are attempting to appeal your ban.
Do NOT harass administration about your bans. This will lengthen them.

If I need help with something, who do I ask?:

If you ever need any help, have a question or concerns, you can contact a Protector via the forums or on chat (through a whisper/howl or chatlands message).

What is the purpose of the forums?:

The forums are a place where the Protostars of Arcturus can come together as a community to share art, offer artistic services, or just chit-chat with other members! Alternatively, on the forums you can learn more information about Arcturus, read up on the Lore of Arcturus, and better get a feel for what our community and chat are all about.

How can I be an admin?

In order to become an admin on our site, you should be a dedicated and active member of the Arcturus community-- we look for users who have proven themselves to be trustworthy and familiar with the rules and expectations of our site. In order to become an admin, you must be at least 16 or older-- Tiers II and I must be 18 or older. If you meet the criteria and are interested in becoming a Protector of Arcturus, fill in an application when they are open.

Do admins get paid for their time?

No, being a Protector is a voluntary job. Protectors do get free subscriptions.

Can I ask for free art or deltas on chat?

No. Asking or begging for free art or deltas is not allowed. However, if you are interested in either offering free artistic services or anything of the like, or are interested in seeing if other users are offering such free services, you can visit the forums. This subforum is for giving free art and art advice.
viverrinae
viverrinae

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum